Friday, July 16, 2010

Reading, Plays. Movies.

Oh man, where has the week gone?! I’ve been meeting with a group of community art leaders for the past three months and we are working on a grant proposal that has kept me pretty busy. There is a lot of exciting coordination going on in the arts. I have also been reading every available report on community building, creative communities, state of the arts reports, etc. Whew.

The Appalachian Progressive Education Center (APE Center) has been among us all week and they are ready to put on their plays: “The Enchanted Necklace” and “Report the Past” on Saturday, July 17, at 1:30. Their performance is free and you’re all invited!

We are very proud to be hosting the Athens Premier of the film “The Other House” July 16, 17 at 7pm both nights. Thank you Amy for trusting us with your film and your family’s story. You can read more about the film and its premier HERE in the Athens News.

If you missed the opening last weekend of Kenneth Taylor’s art work, never fear, it’s on display for the rest of the month of July. Quite impressive work.

Sounds like my meeting has just arrived, we’re going to be discussing Humble Play. Did I tell you we had 20 plays submitted this year? Yes, yes we did so I’ve got to get meeting and reading.

Don’t forget we always want to hear from you and don’t get discouraged if the phone rings and rings. Please, leave us a message (740) 592-4315, send us and email (artswestathens at gmail), stalk us on facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ARTSWest)!

P.S. I wasn’t able to have anyone edit this for me or check my grammar so, Mr. Snook I am sorry.